What is it?
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co?workers to?communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? Bloggers can use it as a mini-blogging tool. Developers can use the API to make Twitter tools of their own. Possibilities are endless!
How do I use it?
Tell us what you’re doing in 140 characters or less!? Send your thoughts, observations, and goings-on in your day. Whether you’re “eating an apple” or “looking foward to the weekend” or “Heading out of town” it’s twitter-worthy.? Join us here.? All of your personal information including your phone number is, of course, confidential.
But… what is the point?
As it turns out, your best friend is probably interested in knowing if you’re “loving the new Radiohead album.” And yes, your Mom may want to know if you’re “skipping breakfast in favor of a latte.”? You might want to know if your significant other “feels like taking a roadtrip.” Find out what your friends are doing; keep each other abreast of your quotidian rituals.
How can I send updates to Twitter?
Send updates to friends and family about what you’re doing in the way that works best for you.? Update in myriad ways:
- from your phone
- from IM
- from your logged-in home page
- from m.twitter.com.
- from any of the third party applications on Twitter Fan Wiki, made by the talented folks who’ve utilized our API.
Jaiku’s main goal is to bring people closer together by enabling them to share their activity streams. An activity stream is a log of everyday things as they happen: your status messages, recommendations, events you’re attending, photos you’ve taken – anything you post directly to Jaiku or add using Web feeds. We offer a way to connect with the people you care about by sharing your activities with them on the Web, IM, and SMS – as well as through a slew of cool third-party applications built by other developers using our API.
The most powerful instrument of social peripheral vision is your mobile phone. We’ve put in a special effort to create Jaiku Mobile, a live phonebook that displays the activity streams, availability, and location of your Jaiku contacts right in your phone contact list. We modestly believe it is the best solution out there for seeing what your friends are up to. Currently Jaiku Mobile is available for phones based on the Nokia S60 software platform (see the list of compatible devices).
Check out our Jaikido blog for updates about the service. We appreciate your feedback, so feel free to comment away on the blog – or join our feedback and ideas channel.? Note: If you wish to join jaiku, send me a request, and I can invite you.? I have 10 invitations to spare 🙂
- Customize digsby with application skins to give it a personal look and feel.
- Change the way your conversations look with themes ? everything from simple AIM-style windows to 3D conversation bubbles.
- Complete control over the layout of buddies on the buddy list. Change everything from buddy icon size to whether or not to show a snippet of their away message.
- Sort your buddy list how ever you want! You can organize buddies manually, by status, by service, by name or by log size to place those you communicate with most at the top. You can even choose a secondary sorting method.
- Customizable notification system lets you choose what events you want to be alerted about and how.